6.24.2010

California

We made an unexpected trip out to California for the memorial of Tyler's Grandfather. It was one and will be one of the most memorable experiences of our life. Tyler made the comment that he never knew there were so many people that his grandpa had led to Christ. It was amazing. One of the comments that was made about him over the weekend was that he was a preacher of the gospel who always flew under the radar, he was never one of those preachers trying to make a name for himself but always doing the work of the Lord. Not a self-rightous bone in his body. 
This was a special man. He was the kind of man that you could sit down at a dinner table with and leave the table feeling as though you could conquer the world. He always had your interest at heart when giving advice, never an inch of his own motives. He always gave you the truth, never sugar coated. He was a listener, not a talker. That's rare in this world. Everyone always wants to say and hardly anyone ever wants to hear. But when he did speak, everyone in the room would stop and listen. He was intelligent and simple minded at the same time. It was an honor to know him and an honor for him to marry Tyler and I almost 6 years ago.  
The seeds he planted are still growing and I will ever be grateful to him and the influence he had on the man Tyler is today. 

Bob Lyman




I took pictures for my niece and my sister in law. 
Cassie

Jodi



Carson with his cousin Braden. 

My three nieces. Carly, Cassie and Brooke. 


My mother in law, Debbie. 




Tyler's parents. 

Swaddled, even at the airport!



And this is the most influential picture I took all week. We had a flight from Denver to Sacramento, 2 hours and 45 minutes. This man read his Bible from take off until landing. I thought it was incredible. He seemed to be seasoned with so much wisdom. 


1 comment:

One Daddy + One Mommy + Big Brother + Baby #2 on the Way! said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. From your sweet thoughts I can see his influence on your life and the legacy he has left behind. A friend just preached a lesson Sunday on what legacy you will leave behind. I know Tyler's grandfather left behind a God-centered one. The best kind! We are thinking of you all. Love your pics from CA! Gorgeous. Can't wait to see you all in August. Take Care!

About Me

My photo
This blog is the beginning of my journey to getting my body back in shape like it was the day I married. I created this blog while I was pregnant with my third child, dreaming of my favorite blue jeans and a belt.